Main purpose of posts::
The IT Technician role is a wide and varied role taking in monitoring and support of all IT systems.
Responsible to: IT Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Relationships: Staff and Suppliers
Required Skills and Experience:
Good technical working knowledge of network and IT systems including:
Microsoft Active Directory User and Group management.
Desktop Operating System management.
General networking hardware.
General networking protocols.
General networking software.
Experience of hardware maintenance.
Experience of software installation and configuration.
Good understanding of NTFS file and folder permissions.
Good fault finding and diagnostic skills.
Aptitude for problem solving.
Strong communication and people-handling skills at all levels.
Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
Highly motivated and self-directed.
Essential requirement: Driver/access to a car
• Ensure all incidents, problems and requests are recorded on the IT helpdesk and are assigned the correct category, given the appropriate priority and the appropriate target fix date.
• Ensure all tickets contain sufficient detail of the incident/request and steps taken so far to resolve, in order to allow any member of the IT team to understand the issue/request and continue through to resolution.
• Ensure all tickets are dealt with in accordance with priority and target fix date.
• Monitor all ticket queues.
• Ensure the IT Manager is kept informed of ongoing or serious incidents/problems as well as identifying underlying patterns.
• Where appropriate escalate incidents/problems to the Senior IT Technician along with; detailed information regarding steps taken up to the point of escalation, planned or suggested further remedial steps and the impact of the incident/problem.
Monitoring and support of all IT systems including:
• Office 365 including email and SharePoint.
• Windows 10.
• Asset management.
• Printers and copiers.
• Dell Aruba and HP Aruba WiFi.
• TP Link and Netgear switches.
• Fortinet firewalls, anti-virus and remote access.
• OS and application security patching.
• SIP (management information system).
• Touch Technology cloud based telephone system.
• Mobile phones and smart phones with email.
• User account management (joiners/changes/leavers) ensuring that appropriate security permissions are assigned.
• Document common tasks and processes effectively.
• Paxton Net2 door controllers.
Data Protection Act / GDPR
We are all expected to be aware of the Data Protection Act/GDPR and to follow the local Codes of Practice to ensure appropriate action is taken to safeguard confidential information.
At no time should the post holder enter into correspondence with either parents or outside agencies, with regard to the service users or staff body, without prior approval of the Chief Executive.
As with all posts, a high degree of confidentiality is expected at all times. Therefore at no time will the post holder discuss the clients, staff or any other matter connected with Autism Together, outside of the organisation.
To undertake, following prior consultation, other duties which may, from time to time, be specified by the Chief Executive, or other senior staff.
This is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post, and is not an exhaustive list of duties. This Job Description is subject to amendment, following consultation with the post holder.