Congratulations to our team over at Port Sunlight River Park for being named Health Site of the Year at the annual Land Trust awards.
The judges were very impressed by the wide range of health and well-being activities that take place at the River Park. Autism Together manages the 28-hectare site on the banks of the Mersey on behalf of the Land Trust.
In the past year the River Park team, headed up by Park Ranger Andrew Jennings-Giles, has offered a wide range of health activities like…
• Weekly heath walks run by dedicated volunteers
• Mindfulness in Nature courses
• Outdoor activities, work experience and crafts for adults with autism (led by Autism Together’s innovative Social-Enterprise team)
• Community walks as part of Wirral Walking Festival
• ‘Learn to Ride’ cycle sessions for local children delivered by Sustrans
• Archaeology digs at the Old Courthouse led by Big Heritage
And that’s not to mention the thousands of hours of outdoor tasks done by our dedicated volunteers who put in the hard graft in all-weathers.
Of course, we can’t forget all our visitors who enjoy the River Park through walking, running, cycling and hiking up the hill for the fabulous views over the River Mersey or across to North Wales…
In a great night for the River Park, they also claimed 2nd place in the Community Space of The Year category.
Thanks to everyone who helped our River Park team achieve this success and award.