Community and Vocational Services (CVS)
Community and Vocational Services are about offering people with autism meaningful, realistic and achievable training, on the job work experience and valuable life skills.
These structured, person centred programmes offer the necessary communication strategies and support plans, enabling the person to develop independently, safely and confidently. They offer fantastic opportunities for people with autism to develop essential work and life skills and reach their full potential.
We have ongoing vacancies in our community and vocational services and can offer flexible opportunities throughout the week up to a full five day programme.
Based in several locations in Wirral, our services are extensive and offer a full range of activities.
Wirral Autistic Society are committed to delivering the best autism support available, here are our range of services for adults dealing with the autistic spectrum.
- The Wirral Centre for Autism at Oak House – Creative Arts, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and open access Resource Centre
- Raby – Horticulture, environmental and animal husbandry
- Community Development & Health and Well Being – outdoor pursuits, gym, swimming activities and community awards
- Social Enterprise at Bromborough Pool Village – Bromborough Pool Garden Centre and Coffee Shop, mobile landscaping gardening services and woodwork
- Make Waves Performing Art – music, music technology, drumming workshops, dance and drama
- Step Into Work – A scheme set up specifically to teach work skills, offer work experience and employment opportunities to adults with autism who are not funded to purchase a service
CVS are also committed to offering services in community based settings and welcomes enquiries from people interested in setting up these types of services from Wirral and other local authority areas.